Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Pirates at the Mayan

Noah's turns Six on Wednesday.  
And we told him he could invite 3 friends to a small party this year.
He chose Heber, Dylan and Lily.
On Sunday night we realized that Dylan would be out of town for the event the next Sat.
So we threw together a party really quick.
We called the parents to make sure the kids were available.

And we went to the Mayan for dinner. 
On Monday Night the 12th.
The Mayan is a magical place for kids that serves mexican food and has divers.
The put on a diving show while you eat.
The motif is a jungle
I figured we could make it work, since Noah wanted a Pirate themed birthday this year.
When we arrived at the "ship".
I turned all the kids into official pirates.
By tying bandanas around their heads.

Noah as "Captain Jack N",  Heber as the "First Mate", Dylan as "Soldier" and Lily as "Lily the Tough"
those are their pirate names
Kersten was "Armpit" and I was a "Serving Wench."
Sofia as always was a Pirate "Princess".

We headed off to our ship for some grub.
The kids got quesadillas , burritos and fries.
But basically the entire time this is what we saw
They were watching the divers.
I admit they were pretty amazing.
And all the kids were very entertained and not running around like crazy.
Now that is my kind of kid party.
I actually had time to chat with the adults.
Which included my hot husband, my best friend Kieran and my sister Amy.
I really liked this pic of me and Sofia the Pirate Princess so I added it.

For his cake they had a brownie volcano with huge sparklers in it.
Noah's face when they lit it was priceless
It was quite the impressive sight.  
The funniest part was when he tried to blow them out like candles.
I don't think he realized that they blow themselves out after a bit.
They shared the desserts
And I gave them all "Jolly Rogers" Flags.
They ran around and showed them to the divers.
We heard a lot of comments about the pirates on the deck.  
We opened presents and finished watching the divers
And we drove them home.  
It was perfect and fun.  
And they loved it.  


4 comments:

Carrie said...

That sounds like such a fun party, perfect for a 6-year-old. The Mayan is the best with kids that age, how fun!

Alicia said...

Awesome party!!! It makes me wish I was 6!

Sharon said...

Happy Birthday Noah!

Mimi said...

Noah's Party was AWESOME! I had the best time except for the old diver guy not my cup of tea. I am just glad that there is some woman out there that loves him. Thanks for taking me with you. I had the best time