Donuts
or Doughnuts
However you want to spell or say them is fine.
This was the very last thing I ate right before I found out I had,
Diabetes.
It is a bit ironic the the word Die is the beginning of this word.
My sister Amy, in her 7 year old innocence thought that I was really dying.
Ironically, if I had lived in any other century or decades sooner I probably would have.
And I was a punk 14 year old teenager, angry at the world.
I was not very nice to her to say the least.
I think she has forgiven me by now, at least I hope.
Oh, well back to the Donuts.
My dad, brother and I were in a play "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe".
We had an afternoon performance and then an evening.
In between we went to visit the eye doctor, my appt was at 4:45.
My dad had Beaver make up all over his face.
We had had NO lunch.
So we stopped at a donut shop and bought each of us one.
It was a raised chocolate with sprinkles.
Quite delicious.
Moments later..........
Do you have Diabetes?
a very tentative "no" from a girl feeling quite small.
No explanations and hours later.
The shock stayed there.
And the shock is still here and it is 19 years later on this very day.
Happy Anniversary Laurie Lou
Cheers...... Let's celebrate with another Donut....
They Do make you a bit Nuts........
Side note: 6 years ago today, I was induced to birth my boy. That was a very happy day of anticipation and joy. His birthday is not until Wednesday though. He was born on a Wednesday so that is happy too.

2 comments:
I must say chocolate raised are my favorite (excluding Dunford of course). I hope you enjoy your doughnut, I'll be thinking of you!
Ahh We didn't celebrate with Donuts! I am so glad you didn't die. It was scary but now I know it just can make you crazy! LOL Love you Lou!
Post a Comment