Here are a couple of fun things that Noah has been doing lately.
* Every night in his prayers he asks Heavenly Father to "help him get the bad guys, No, Heavenly Father just the pretend bad guys, Not real". It is a very serious business.
*One night he thanked Heavenly Father for giving him a really cool name like Noah. That made me feel really good that he likes his name. I think it is a really cool name too.
*Whenever I can't understand him and I repeat what he says and it is wrong he gets this indignant look on his face and says "Me not say that" and it is usually followed by some remark about using my listening ears better.
* Noah has discovered the delights of YouTube. I am careful about what I let him watch. On Wednesday, we found a Space Ghost puzzle and after we finished we watched the classic song " I Love Beans" sung by Brak. We laughed hysterically and he started watching it again when Sofia started throwing a fit. I went to investigate. When I returned he was watching another Brak song called set to the song "Turn Around-Total Eclipse of the Heart". I sat next to him and looked on in shock at him. He was sobbing hysterically. His shoulders were shaking, tears streaming down his face. His hands wiping at tears streaking his eyes. He kept saying over and over again. "I am just so sad Mom, Just so sad." I quickly clicked off the screen and said "If is is making you sad, we don't have to watch it." He then said he had to show me so I would know what was so sad. So we looked it up again. We start watching the clip. His tears keep getting stronger. At this point I am a bit confused about what could be so sad. It was an anthology about the life of Brak. In it was a crudely drawn lobster that was Brak's pet. At one point the lobster gets blown up. After this happens Noah goes into hysterics. "Mom, it is just so sad, The lobster died. He lost his pet." I quickly gathered him in my arms, grabbed his stuffed dog Pal and his blanket and snuggled and talked to him on the couch. It took a good 20 minutes to calm him down. What a tender heart that losing his pet lobster would affect him so much
*Yesterday we celebrated all the birthdays that were in November for Kersten's family. I had Noah make cards for his Aunt Ginny and Uncle Jason. When he was picking colors for their cards. He promptly picked purple for Ginny, her favorite color. And when it came to Jason's he said "i don't know what his favorite is." So I suggested some colors that most boys like for example blue, red or grean. He says "How about Pink? It is okay for boys to like pink. That is what my teacher says." Then promptly picks a neon bright pink for Uncle Jay's card.


3 comments:
He's too cute. And he really does have a tender heart. I will admit that sometimes commercials like that will get to me too. Can you imagine if he were a girl....when he gets to be a teenager!
What a cutie. I love that Noah boy.
Noah is awesome!! What a awesome dude!!
Post a Comment