Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Great Baby Pumpkin 2009


We went on the search for the "Great Baby Pumpkin" tonight.  The kids excitement was palpable as we drove in the car to find him at the pumpkin patch.  This search has now become an October tradition.  We need to save a "baby pumpkin"  from the bad guys at the pumpkin patch.  The "baby" called us on the way there to tell us what pumpkin patch he was at.  Bad guys chased us to try to stop us from arriving.  Luckily Daddy and Noah had armed our car with some heavy artillary just in case of an event such as this.  I am glad I have these men to keep me safe.


A rainbow came up just after we arrived it was a sign showing us we had the right place to find the Greatest baby pumpkin ever.

 We found Sofia's first,  hers has a long stem that curls a bit.  And just the perfect size for her.


Noah checked in all the nooks and crannies of the patch looking and searching for the pumpkin that needed him the most.  He found it in just enough time.  That is before the bad guys found him.


We found the family pumpkin and an extra one that was just so pretty that mommy just could not leave it there.


There were so many beautiful fun things to do everywhere you turned around.  The kids were giddy with all the fall colors, pumpkins and smells.  It was wonderful walking in the cool air with a hint of water.


They had a maze that you got to walk through a castle first to go into to find your way out.  They had air blowing in the doorway.  Sofia and Noah did NOT like that and did not want to go through but we finally convinced them  it would be fun.


Once inside it was all laughter and smiles, chasing and fun.  Noah was on a mission or quest and he kept telling us where the blocks were and telling us on our pretend walkie talkies where to go.  It was quite delightful.


Out of the maze you arrived at a Pirate Ship.  Noah decided that him and Sofia were really pirates and they could go on the ship without walking the plank. I took tons of pictures but I don't want to post way to many.  This was  a pretty cool ship just for a halloween decoration.


Noah became the "Captain"  he steared the ship.  Sofia was his first mate.  He even discovered the dungeon and put two unsuspecting kids into it.   He fired the cannons and talked and yelled just like a pirate would.


For beauty I am posting this photo of the pansies can you believe the colors.  They delight the eyes and the senses.
That is what the evening was,  Just delightful and what a fun way to spend time with the family.  In a later post I will show you our "Family" of pumpkins.  I love this tradition.  Now should we paint or carve them.  Hmmm.  so much fun and so little time.
t

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I vote for carving, but I love the seeds. It sounds like such a delightful evening. You guys are such great parents, what lucky kids. Now, I need to find something for Sophia before my visit next month! What kind of Godmother am I?

WonderKitty said...

Im with Caroline. I love the seeds too. But it might be to hard to but up the baby pumpkins. So painting would be fun too! Also, you should know that the picture of the origional Great Baby Pumpkin is one of the only Halloween decorations in my house right now!