He started wearing both his Darth Vader gloves to school everyday in April, about the time we learned we had to move. He then started wearing just one. I thought it cool kind of a Michael Jackson thing. He has a fit when we have to wash it. It gets really stinky as you can imagine. His hand now that it is warm outside is always really sweaty. He wears it sleeping, running, fighting, playing at all times. He is very good about taking it off to go potty and wash his hands. What a good boy. He knows where his glove is at all times. He loves it.
I figure it is one of those things that is not worth the fight. So he even wears the glove to church. The other day on our way to primary, he got really emotional and started acting really upset. He told me he did not want anyone to see his robot hand. I told him not to worry for he could just keep his glove on the whole time. He is a bit stressed about his new class . It turned out perfectly for they were talking about the Holy Ghost in class.
I figure it is one of those things that is not worth the fight. So he even wears the glove to church. The other day on our way to primary, he got really emotional and started acting really upset. He told me he did not want anyone to see his robot hand. I told him not to worry for he could just keep his glove on the whole time. He is a bit stressed about his new class . It turned out perfectly for they were talking about the Holy Ghost in class. And they used his glove as an object lesson. He loves participating so it worked out well. And now his teacher understands to be sensitive about his robot hand. It worked out well.
He was really thrilled and corporative when I asked him to take pictures of his hand. I have had lots of people comment and ask about his gloved hand. I figure you only get to be 5 once in your life. In his mind he is really good guy Anakin before he starts making bad choices and becomes Darth Vader. So of course he has to have a robot hand. And he found the glove to protect it. I have asked if he wants authentic gloves just like Anakins, he says yes but only as a backup glove when this one has to be washed. What a silly creative little man
He was really thrilled and corporative when I asked him to take pictures of his hand. I have had lots of people comment and ask about his gloved hand. I figure you only get to be 5 once in your life. In his mind he is really good guy Anakin before he starts making bad choices and becomes Darth Vader. So of course he has to have a robot hand. And he found the glove to protect it. I have asked if he wants authentic gloves just like Anakins, he says yes but only as a backup glove when this one has to be washed. What a silly creative little man
2 comments:
How cute! My kids would love this! I love how you let him do it because it makes him happy. So sweet.
I love little things like that, I think it's so adorable! Go Noah! (Oh, I mean Anakin!)
Post a Comment