Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Tampons = Missiles


Last night I was playing with the kids in their room before bedtime when Noah comes running in from the bathroom with a tampon in his hand. He says "Mom, what's this?" I replied "It's a tampon, but what do you think that it is?" He got this huge grin on is face and showed me that he knew it was missile. He jumped up and down and said Missile, missile over and over again. He then stuck the tampon in his pajama pants like a gun holster and walked around with it like this the rest of the night. Playing guns and missiles until bedtime.

Kersten and I had a good laugh over this for a good ten minutes. We thought Dave his Godfather would be proud. Years and years ago we were having dinner with my cousin Dave, I don't remember where or anything but I do remember that a tampon fell out of my purse. Dave then pick it up and asked why I keep Rocket ships in my purse. He then proceeds to fly it around making space ship noises. This went on for a bit, while I was a deep shade of red. From that day forward, Kersten still calls them rocket ships. And now I think Dave would be proud of Noah's assessment.

Who knew that tampons could be so very entertaining?

6 comments:

Erin said...

Oh man, that is hilarious! And yes, that is definitely something Dave would do.

I miss all of you guys. Will we ever get together again?

Carrie said...

Love it.

Anonymous said...

A friend's son found one in her purse and asked her why she carried fuses in her purse!

Alicia said...

Oh my goodness..that is so classic. I miss you Laurie!!!! Come over or call me so me and Brady can come over and see you, okay? Love you!

Diana said...

Noah is so creative :) Dave sounds funny.

So tell me about Walden. I am so excited and have looked at their website and went to see the Kindergarten class yesterday. But I'd love to know more.

CTuna's Cavern said...

Some day we will have to show Noah my super hero character I drew when I was a kid. Missile Master and Rocket. Or should we rename the tampon master and tampon? hee hee. It was fun to hear his imagination running wild. Sounds like someone from the English family.