Sunday, February 08, 2009

Grateful Sunday 2-8-09


First Steps:  Sofia took her first two steps in a row on friday Feb 6.  I was confiscating the crayons and she took two steps to reach them.  Kersten and I started clapping and she loved it and clapped with us for a good couple of minutes.  She repeated the event on Saturday.  Even more trouble is coming with a big walking girl like her.  

Red filing cabinets:  I got this old file cabinet from my mom and last weekend I spray painted it RED.  Oh,  it is so much prettier now.  It makes me smile just to look at it.  Although, it caused a lot of grief in the process, it really is lovely.  

Good friends:  We have had a busy weekend with some friends.  Ben and Shaunelle came up from Provo and hung out with us most of yesterday.  It was fun to see that Jaimason and Noah still play well together.  They are moving to TX in June so I am glad we got to play some before they leave.  Also, there was a surprise b-day party for my old next door neighbor.  It felt so good to catch up with friends at an adults only party.  They even hired babysitters for all the kids, so Noah felt like he had a party too.  He did tell us there are no bad guys at their house so he got a bit bored.  Silly boy

Healing:  a week ago Wednesday Sofia burned her hands pretty severely on the oven door.  The blisters were so sad and she cried for a solid 3 hours afterwards.  Her hands are looking so much better.  I am so grateful that our bodies can heal themselves and that she can still move them around and that they were not more severe.  

Moods:  The last couple of weeks have been quite emotional.  Kersten and I have both been extremely busy and haven't seen each other for more than a couple minutes. I have struggled keeping it all together and at a reasonable level of saneness.  I feel a surge of energy and drive to do what needs to happen.  My kids seem to be getting into a good groove .  That pic I took earlier today is so hilarious with those big grins.  I could just eat them they are so tasty and cute.It is nice and I am so proud and happy that Kersten's job is secure as it can be right now and that he is working so hard in school.   I really did catch a good one




4 comments:

Carrie said...

I LOVE that picture. Just too cute. All great things to be thankful for. And we will definitely have to hang out in March/April. Yipee!

Mimi said...

Love that picture......so glad sofia's hand is better. it made me so sad when I saw it

Anonymous said...

Poor Sofia! Jeff burned his hand on the iron at about that age. It breaks your heart!

CTuna's Cavern said...

Wish we could have witnessed it. I did get to see your first steps though. Love, Dad