Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Noah Tidbits


* The other day I was teasing Noah that I was going to eat his belly button because it was so tasty and I was hungry.  He proceeds to get really upset, throwing a massive fit as he explains that if I eat his belly all of his insides would come out and go swimming to the tv and break it.  This all done in words, sign language and gestures.  I now see the logic in not eating his belly.  I really don't want the tv to be broken.

* Noah and I were in the kitchen and I stated that I wanted to make cookies and asked if he thought it was a good idea.  He shook his head "no"  looking really thoughtful.  This surprised me since cookies are his absolute favorite.  So I asked him "why not?".  He then explains that if we made cookies right now then when Dad got home there would not be any left for him and that would make him sad and cry.  I asked then if maybe we could save some for Dad, since they are his favorite too.  Noah looks up thoughtfully and then says, "We can save him one".  Not any more than that.  Noah shakes his head and says "only one, so sad".

*I have this baby penguin that you can zip up in his egg and pretend that he hatches.  Noah is really attached and the baby hatches multiple times a day.  And each time he comes out,  Noah exclaims "oh so cute"  and hugs and strokes him.  Then the baby starts to cry and he rocks him back and forth.  I admit this baby penguin is awfully cute.

*Noah got an Usbourne  Children's Atlas for Christmas from his G and G F*.  He has started pouring over each map.  Sometimes they are treasure maps.  Some are maps for different Star Wars Planets.  His favorite part is on each page there are red spots where the maps show the different terrains and it is suppose to show where the hot desert is in the world.  Noah told me it is where all the Hot Lava is.  And where the white is  (Antarctica) is where the ice is to cool down your feet after they get hurt on the hot lava.  This boy cracks me up.  Also on our walks we have to jump over  a lot of hot lava lately.

 Also he explained that he (as Anakin) and Obi-wan fight over hot lava.  I asked him who won that fight and he told me Obi-wan does.  And that is when he becomes Darth Vader.  We have never let him watch the 3rd Star Wars where Anakin becomes Darth Vader.  It would ruin his hero.  We have explained it to him but never showed it to him.  Kersten and I are contemplative but not entirely surprised that he knew this.  


3 comments:

bugzzwife said...

This is a classic story thanks for sharing it yesterday at the library? I got my blog up and running but I don't know how to let everyone know I have it. HELP ALL WISE AND ALL KNOWING BLOGGER

WonderKitty said...

It looks like Noah is flipping off the camera, but that could just be me.

CTuna's Cavern said...

Noah's a good boy. We love him