Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Laurie needs...


You know that silly game on Google where you type in your name and the word needs afterwards and see what comes up.  Well,  I did it.  Just for fun and this is what it came up with.  

Laurie needs to read

Laurie needs a crash helmet.

Laurie needs HELP!

Laurie needs a haircut.  (not anymore thanks to Amy)

Laurie needs to lose

Laurie needs flight school. 

Laurie needs one cup of milk for every cake she bakes.  

Then the rest of them did not make sense and it started talking about Hugh Laurie the actor on the series House on Fox.  I personally think he is brilliant and totally love him.  Anyway, to continue with my swimming thoughts.  I have contemplated the differences between my needs and my wants a lot lately.  I am trying to organize not just my house but my feelings and emotions also.  This google exercise cracked me up,  I do need HELP.  And I do need to read to keep myself sane.  And as I contemplated my needs this is what I figured out.  

Laurie needs the Gospel.  Laurie needs to pray and read her scriptures.  Laurie need to love her husband.  Laurie needs to hug and kiss her kids at least 5 times a day.  Laurie needs to get enough sleep. Laurie needs less clutter.  Laurie needs to manage her time better.  Laurie needs to be more self disciplined.  Laurie needs a bit of alone time with herself everyday (even if it is just in the bathroom). So instead of making goals, resolutions or whatever.  I am going to focus this year on needs and not worry so much about what I want.  I think I will be happier and much more fullfilled.  


6 comments:

kieran said...

I know you will feel better if you focus on things you need rather than the things you want. I always need to refocus. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. I do love you very much and I think you are a fabulous person. I strive to be every bit like you as you are striving to be like me.

Carrie said...

I love this post. It's always nice to reassess and clear things out of our lives. Good thoughts.

kieran said...

hey, it's me again. I did this on google and I only got three, and they were weird. Yours were way better.
I'm giving you an award for having a great blog. It is a Lemonade Award. So visit my blog and claim your prize. (Don't be mad if you think it's lame):)
Love ya!

WonderKitty said...

I have done this many times and mine are always about dogs. Oh well. I like your alternative to new years resolutions. Good luck!

AubGoofy said...

So I loved this post I am going to steal it and post mine soon. Love you and great New Year's resolutions.

CTuna's Cavern said...

Laurie needs to call Dad and Nonna more. Laurie needs to come and see Benji... he's a riot. Laurie needs to visit Dad's Blog and read about Grandma. Love you.