Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Haphazard Happenings


I know I have been a slow blogger lately. It has been a bit crazy busy around here but a good crazy. I did not mean to drop off the planet. Instead of blogging at night or in my free time I have been working on Sofia's 1 year mini scrapbook. It feels good to get back into scrapbooking and making something. Kersten always teases that I love to make things from paper and Sofia loves to eat paper. Ha Ha, So here is a bit of random things going on.

We had another cupcake eating by our Baby Doo Sofia. She had it down the next Sunday at Kersten's Parents house. She dug right into the cupcake like a pro. And ate almost the whole thing and then beg more treats of everyone afterwards. She is such a delight.

Sofia had her one year doctor appt, here are the stats
Weighs 19 lbs 8 oz in the 25%
Height 29 1/2 inches in the 52%
Head circum. 45.5 cm In the 52%


During Christmas, we got this Disney Christmas CD for $5 at Target.  One of my favorite memories happened from this CD.  Goofy does a pretty awesome rendition of Deck the Halls which became Noah's favorite.  As you can imagine we listened to this in the car over and over again.  He likes songs that have La la la la la's in them.  His absolute favorite part was at the end when Goofy says "Mickey, do you know what the best part about Christmas is?  And Mickey replies "Is it being together?" and Goofy replies "No, the fruitcake".  And they all laugh.  Oh, if you guys could hear how cute it is to hear Noah laugh and say "Fruitcake",  you would  thank your lucky stars to hear such joy.  He thinks he is so funny and told everyone that joke.  He asked if we could eat and make fruitcake and even took the CD to his Christmas party at school to share with his class.  It is fun to see his sense of humor develop.  

The little People house that Sofia got from G and G F* for Christmas is the biggest hit of all the gifts.  Noah discovered that his Star Wars Galactic Heroes fit in the house.  This is how we play,  the phone rings and the Star Wars guys get invited over for Pancakes and juice.  So he Mom just makes pancakes and answers the door.  After pancakes they either watch a movie with the dad or play Xbox.  While the mom takes care of the two babies which have been named Penelope and Lila.    At one point, everyone was occupied so I asked Noah what the girls were going to do for fun.  That is the mom, Princess Leia and Shaak-ti.  He first said that they could talk on the phone, and I pointed out that they were together so they did not need a phone.  He then said we could make pancakes,  I replied that we just finished eating pancakes.  He then said we could take care of the babies that were asleep.  He had a hard time figuring out what the girls should do.  I finally asked him what mommy and her friends do when they are together.   He then had and Ah ha moment and said that the girls could paint the house.  So this was an interesting look into Noah's perception of what I do for fun,  I talk on the phone, make pancakes, take care of the baby and paint the house.  Hilarious.  I love it.


So that is a bit about what is going on.  I will keep up with this a bit better I promise

6 comments:

WonderKitty said...

I want to see that book when you are done. You had such great pictures for it!

Erin said...

How cute that the word "fruitcake" makes Noah laugh. I'm glad you had a nice Christmas!

Alicia said...

I love what Noah thinks that you do all day. He's so smart and funny.

Nik English said...

FRUITCAKE!!!!

Carrie said...

I just love your kids, they are so adorable.

Mimi said...

Lou I am so glad that in your free time you get the paint the house! Thats alot of work.