
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments.
12 comments:
My first memory of you is of the first time I came to your house. I was fighting with Nik, but somehow he convinced em to pick up Amy and take her to your house. You were very pregnant and on bed rest but still so cute and very hospitable. It was the day that Audrey announced she was pregnant with Kara.
I remember calling you stumpy the mule....and when I caught you and ten in the car making out and you did not even know I was there....
I remember listening to Carpenters songs and you singing along at the cabin. And eating spaetzle with you. And loving the sound of your laugh. And loving watching you and Kersten interact, because your relationship is such a healthy one!
I have thought about this all day because there are so many but here's what I thought of...I remember going to pick up our dates for Monster Mash, sophomore year, and thinking, "This was not a good idea for costumes" together. Enough said :).
I remember how very upset you were that Nik was a boy and not a girl. It didn't take long for you to warm up to your baby brother. He's been the king ever since.
When you were 14 your favorite thing was to make chocolate chip cookies and you made them all the time. It was great for me (because I'm a cookie lover) and the rest of the family. Things changed soon after that and then you hated food. So that was the end of our cookie maker.
As a baby you had sticky-up hair.
You loved to dance and twirl in your fluffy dresses. And all dress up clothes too.
I remember wanting to be just like you. I still do by the way... favorite memories though are watching you dance with your purple ribbon ball thing...Car dancing...scrapbooking, and Training Table and Apollo Burger...Ahhh way to many good ones
My first memory of you was standing in line at Dr. Esplin's office. (I think we were about 32 weeks along.) We both started to talk about our due dates in January and I think we were due a day apart. Funny thing about that is we both had our babies in December one day apart. I also remember seeing you every time I went to his office, even if it was just for a non-stress test.
My first memory of you was at the hospital when you were born. Mom had picked out the name, Jane Elizabeth English. But as the doctor put you up on mom's stomach it came to me... this is no plain Jane this is Laurie Elizabeth. The most charming baby anyone could every witness. So your name was changed. The nurse fought over who got to hold you and you became their favorite. You were so cute with your dimples. You were the bath baby and it was fun watching you hold the nurses fingers as you were bathed. First memories last the longest you know. Love my girl, Dad
One of my (there are just so many!!) fondest memories of you is teaching tai chi to that cute 5th grade class with you. I enjoyed our drive up there together talking about becoming moms and of course our love of fry sauce and which restaurant had the best fries to dip!!
Post a Comment