Sunday, July 27, 2008

Home at Last

The boys got back on Friday night.  It has been so nice to have them home.  Everyone is back and all is right in the our world again.  They had a glorious time in Disneyland.  Noah was tall enough to ride Star Tours, which he keeps talking about. Noah did get to see Jedi Academy.  Darth Maul is a bit scarier in real life than on tv.  He did not get called up to fight them.  He was frustrated with the kids fighting style,  Kerst said that Noah kept yelling at them to do it differently.  He built a double bladed lightsaber and got some squeaky Star Wars toys for Sofia.  She loves chewing on them.  They went and saw Wall-E and ate yummy crab.  

Noah gave me hugs over and over again when they returned home.  Sofia lit up and kept laughing at Kerst and Noah.  They had a really hard time falling asleep.  Sofia kept peeking over her bumper pad to see if Noah was still there. We have had so much fun just laughing and being together.  Sofia really is just so happy.

 I did get Sofia's dresser painted and it turned out better than in my head.  At first it was scarier then it turned out great.  We set it up in their room last night.  It is yellow and I love it

Kersten Dad Heinz gave us his old camera to use until we can save to get a new one.  So we still will be able to post new pics of our kids. So that was a relief.  Hooray.  Thanks Heinz

We went and visited Todd today at the hospital,  who technically is my stepbrother.  A couple weeks ago he had 3 strokes.  We have been really worried about him and his progress.  He is only 34.  He is doing well and it was really good to see him today.  He still is himself. I can't even imagine being Amy his wife.  His brother Brett set up a blog about his progress called Diff'rent Strokes.  I have it on my sidebar under (Todd-Diff'rent Strokes).  They have totally been in my prayers and thoughts everyday.  I could not blog or think about it to much.  Todd was my senior prom date my junior year of high school.  They are good friends of ours.  I am really glad we saw him and he remembered us.  He is such a fun guy to be with and it is still fun.  We love you guys

Outside it has been so hot.  I long for central air.  There is nothing worse for me than to be hot.  I want to run around in my underwear.  Although that would not be appropriate. It has been such a good weekend.  My boys are back

3 comments:

WonderKitty said...

I am glad you have your guys back. I want to see Sofia's dresser, I am sure it is beautiful! I hope Noah gets out of his onery funk soon!

Anonymous said...

Good to have the men back huh? Good to see you last Sunday. Love you. Dad

Erin said...

I am so glad they had fun! And it sounds like you had time to relax a little bit, and to realize how much you missed them while they were gone. Good for you.