Saturday, July 12, 2008

Austrian Cousins in town

Kersten's Uncle Rainer and Aunt Moni are in town right now.  They come from Austria and probably have not been here in about 12 years.  So it is super exciting.    They brought us these cool rock that they gathered at the Rhine river and had each of our names carved in them.  Noah adores his and has been carrying it around the house.  And will continueally spell his name out loud to show it to me.   Funny boy.  I thought this was a very thoughtful gift and the rocks are really beautiful.  
Here are Kersten and Yan wrestling at the G house.  It has been so fun getting to know their boys.  Yan is 11 and Clemens is 9.  They both twinkle.  And have lots of mischief in their eyes.  Yan is especially sweet with Sofia.  He is taken with her.  He constantly asks to hold her and laughs at her antics.  I don't know what  he is saying about her since it is in German but I can tell he is lovin on her.  
Here is a pic of Yan and Clemens wrestling .  Noah loves going to play with the boys.  He is used to people not understanding him and he loves that they like to play the same things he does.  Josh (Noah's cousin)  has been in video game heaven.  They want to play as much as he does.   They have been getting along so well.
We had a huge family dinner up at the Mandarin.  The food was really good.  I think my favorite moment was when Yan took a bite out of a lettece wrapp and actually made the "Mmmm" sounds.  He ate three of them.  Moni (pictured above)  I told Kerst has such a naturally cheerful personality.  I can tell life amuses her and it is refreshing to be around her.  She speaks a little English.,  I have really enjoyed getting to know her a bit.  

I have so enjoyed watching them with my baby.  Rainer just loves her to pieces.  He just plays with her and makes her laugh and she grabs his face and hair and he just laughs.  It is great.  I wish I had better words to express this.  It really has just been delightful.  We went up East Mill Creek Canyon last night and roasted Hot dogs and had Smores.  The boys all got filthy and played in  the creek and fire.  The weather was perfect.The are here for a bit longer.  Next Saturday,  Noah and Kersten are meeting them in California to go to Disneyland.  So we have weeks more of our adventures with them.  Hooray. 

3 comments:

AubGoofy said...

Sounds like the party was fun. It is great to have family in town.

WonderKitty said...

That sounds like so much fun! I am glad you have been able to spend so much time with them! I am looking forward to seeing your kids tonight...we have missed you guys!

Erin said...

How neat to have a rock wtih your name carved in it! My kids would treasure that too.