Sunday, December 03, 2006

My Beautiful Grandma


Anyone who knows me even a little bit, know how much I LOVE my Grandma. She is my mother's mother. She is one amazing woman. As a child and now as a woman I revere, admire and respect her. She has always been my hero. I believe one of the greatest compliments I have ever received is that someone told me once that I look a lot like my grandmother. Her house was always fun. We played many games and tormented all the cousins in her basement. It was a place of constant comfort and stability. Now it feels like one of the few places from my childhood that feel like home. In high school and the beginning years of college in the summer I would ride my bike to her house and go walking with her in the morning. These are some of my most precious memories. We would walk and talk, she would listen to my endless prattle about boys, school and life. And when Kersten and my relationship kept growing she would rejoice and counsel with me. I learned so much about her and my Grandpa at that time. They are seriously the Greatest example of True Love through every struggle in life. I miss walking with her now that she is older. Whenever I need a boost I want to see my Grandma and just hold her hand and talk with her. She is a lady in all aspects of that word. I love her so very much

6 comments:

Carrie said...

You do have a wonderful Grandma! I'm glad you have her there for you.

Kersten said...

Grandma is a very graceful and wonderful woman.

Mother Swan said...

You are so much like her - gracious, loving, giving, beautiful, smiley, has open arms to welcome everyone, I'm so happy you are my daughter.

CTuna's Cavern said...

Grandma is one in a million. I miss seeing her every Sunday like the old days. You are like her only you have dimples. ;>)

AubGoofy said...

Grandma is definately that woman. I cherish every moment I have with her. I love her so. It was fun to torment you in the basement at Grandma's. Hee Hee

Nik English said...

She is the greatest