Last Friday, Noah was off school. So we went on an adventure to the dollar movies and saw Gnomeo and Juliet. It was a little bit of heaven sitting in the theatre between my two children, munching on popcorn and laughing so hard we almost peed our pants. I love hearing their gasps, ooohs and ahhs during the show.
At the end of the movie as we were walking out, I asked each kid what their favorite part was. Sofia promptly chimed in "All of it". Noah on the other hand kept talking about the Flamingo "Featherstone", in the movie you discover that he used to have a wife and when their owners split up, they were seperated. And in his wisdom he says "I know what it is like to have a love torn apart by other peoples choices, Don't let that happen to you." At the end of the movie, one of the gnomes learns how to use the internet and finds the wife and they are reunited. Noah said that his favorite part was when the flamingo was reunited with his wife. He asked me if that was my favorite too. I of course agreed. He kept talking about how happy it made him that they were together again.
As we got into the car, he says "Mom, I think I am going to cry. I am so happy." I turn to look at him and he has tears streaming down his face. And he keeps saying "I am just so happy for the flamingo." I rubbed his leg and told him that he was going to be an amazing man and father someday because he has such a tender heart. "Mom, I already Know that."
Sofia was worried that Noah was so sad and kept telling him it was okay. He tried to tell her that they were "Tears of Joy" for the flamingo. This is something she totally can not grasp. I told her that I cried tears of joy because I was so happy when I had my two kids.
Noah's prompt response "Yeah, I cried too when I had all 41 of my kids."
That explanation is a whole other post for another day.
I just love this boy. He just gets more and more fun.

2 comments:
I love that boy too and he will be a wonderful husband to Maggie and father to her children. Can't wait to see you!
And two days in a row?! Go Lou!
Oh Noah, how I love him :).
Post a Comment