"The purpose to life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Tuesday, December 07, 2010
Shepherd's Crook
Noah was drawing a candycane. I asked him if he knew why the candycane was shaped like that. We went to our Nativity set. I pulled out the Shepherd's Crook. We talked about how the Savior is called our Shepherd. And a shepherd uses his crook to pull in any lost sheep that get lost or run away. The Savior does not want to lose any of his little lambs. So he keeps pulling us back to him so that we can be with him forever. I love how teaching even the simplest things capture kids imaginations and their understanding. For the next half hour, Sofia and Noah kept taking turns pulling the sheep and little lambs back to Baby Jesus with the Shepherd crook. I heard such sweet sayings as "Come back my little lamb", "We don't want to lose you", "It's better to be closer" and "We love you sheep, say Baa".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You're awesome. Miss you!
Post a Comment