I love the word
Light. It brings to mind so many different and beautiful things.
The morning light peeking through your curtains kissing your cheeks to wake them up.
Warm light on your cheeks on a bitter cold afternoon.
The glowing light of your lamp as you read a good book.
The twinkling lights from your Christmas tree warming your heart.
Opening up your curtains shedding the room with light.
Dining by candlelight with the one you choose to love.
The glow of the moon showing you the way.
I seek for, long for, grab for and want light. I looked up the definition of enlighten in Webster and it stated: to furnish knowledge or to give spiritual insight to. I think with the winter months, the crappy inversion and the loss of some of the sunlight and difficulties being outside my spirit becomes troubled. Not that my spirit was not troubled before but it starts boiling with it. I honestly feel a release of tension when I open my blinds, it is that literal. I know that my husband has gotten a bit agitated with my light search. He has always liked it a bit dark and loves to live in a cave. We battle over open or closed blinds and curtains in the daytime. It makes me laugh really. So now I am seeking the light not just literal light like my example but all thing light. I want all things around me to be positive, bright, beautiful and enlightening. This year if nothing else I am going to seek the light. Most of all the light of the world, the light of our Savior and his love for me. If something is hindering him from becoming closer to him, I will change it or drive it away. We all deserve to be happy and have all the light we can. And this is my quest. That is what our Father in Heaven wants for us and we just have to choose it and grab it.
2 comments:
You are awesome Laurie. You deserve a lot of light in your life. I also have to open all the blinds and curtains. It kills me when I come downstairs and the blinds are still closed after the sun's come up.
I always forget to open the blinds during the day. I never get home til after dark, so the blinds are always shut. So if I am home in the day, I have to remind myself to open the blinds. Nik is just the opposite. He would have the blinds open all day, every day. No matter who could see us in our underwear!!
Post a Comment