We signed Noah up for a class through our community called "Little Ninjas". He loves it. They teach him how to run, jump, fall, block, punch, kick, karate chop, jump like a frog, throw a snake and fall down properly. All the things that Noah loves to do. It is only a 7 week course and his last class is this coming up tuesday. The first class he took, he was really shy and hung back. It took me about a half hour to get him to participate. He finally did when the teacher asked him if he wanted to hit the pad. This class is for 3 to 5 year olds and he is definitely the youngest in his class. It is amazing the difference in the younger and older kids. The focus is so different. They talk a lot about showing respect. It is the funniest thing is if you ask Noah to show you how you do respect in Ninjas. He folds his arms and puckers his lips out really far and his feet together. It is really suppose to be just standing at attention. Each week is a new adventure and I never know if he will embrace it or push away. It usually is a back and forth thing. I think he really loves it and sometimes catch him "throwing a snake" or doing a stance just like in his class. So it was a success. He is the cutest Little Ninja out there. The pictures are fuzzing because I forgot to put my camera in action mode. And they are always moving.
"The purpose to life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Friday, July 13, 2007
Little Ninjas
We signed Noah up for a class through our community called "Little Ninjas". He loves it. They teach him how to run, jump, fall, block, punch, kick, karate chop, jump like a frog, throw a snake and fall down properly. All the things that Noah loves to do. It is only a 7 week course and his last class is this coming up tuesday. The first class he took, he was really shy and hung back. It took me about a half hour to get him to participate. He finally did when the teacher asked him if he wanted to hit the pad. This class is for 3 to 5 year olds and he is definitely the youngest in his class. It is amazing the difference in the younger and older kids. The focus is so different. They talk a lot about showing respect. It is the funniest thing is if you ask Noah to show you how you do respect in Ninjas. He folds his arms and puckers his lips out really far and his feet together. It is really suppose to be just standing at attention. Each week is a new adventure and I never know if he will embrace it or push away. It usually is a back and forth thing. I think he really loves it and sometimes catch him "throwing a snake" or doing a stance just like in his class. So it was a success. He is the cutest Little Ninja out there. The pictures are fuzzing because I forgot to put my camera in action mode. And they are always moving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
teach them young and they will grow strong in the force!
Sounds totally Noah, I bet he loved it. Ninja Noah, it just works.
I am so excited that Noah is learning all these new things. He is an amazing boy and I hope this is something he is able to continue in his life. I know it has helped Uncle Nik a lot.
I Love that Noah is all boy and makes any girly thing a MOM thing but when it comes to Manly things he Jumps in and soaks it in
Noah is the coolest Ninja in the class. He can't decide if he should share his force with the others sometimes. That is why it is back and forth.
great idea for a class
I hope he continues on in his martial arts training so that he can kick the crap out of any one that picks on his sibling(s).
Post a Comment