Saturday, July 14, 2007

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix


Everyone the unbelievable happened. Today Kersten and I got to go see a movie in the theatre. It was so fun and a bit spontanous. We have a list that seems a mile long of movies that we want to see in the theatre. Lucky for us, Nik and Lena wanted to celebrate their big move and take a break from it all and decided to go see "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix". And nice Aunt Ginny wanted to play with Noah, The planets aligned and we were able to see one of our most anticipated movies of the year. We were a bit giddy with our bout of freedom. I Loved the movie, as I suspected I would. At the beginning of the Harry Potter frenzy, I resisted as long as possible and did not even start reading the books until the 3rd one came out. Afterwards, I chose to ride of wave of the fun and frenzy that is Harry Potter. I love the magic and how most everyone can relate to the story. I had forgotten which story this movie was, but it came back to me quickly. We had the best time and since we went to an early show, Noah did not get to bed too late. What bliss! It was marvelous to go out, go and do something we both love (movies) and also one that we have been anticipating so much. Thanks to all who made it possible.

5 comments:

Gatnnos said...

That is fun! Dave and I went to see it yesterday too. Only we took our little pretty with us. It was nap time and all. Dave enjoyed the show A LOT more than I did. Kaite wasn't half bad, but sleep? Yeah right!!!

Kersten said...

Good show. Much darker than the other ones, so it follows the changing moods of the books.

Carrie said...

So fun! We actually went to HP that night too. However, I have to say it didn't do much for me. But, it also is my least favorite of the books. I think I'm so distracted by this pregnancy to get too into anything though. Can't wait for the next book on Saturday!

Kristi said...

We got to see it too! I completely relate to the thrill of going out and seeing a movie in the "real" theater!

WonderKitty said...

Wow, I went to it that day too! What a small world! I loved it, but I think it was a pre-infatuation with the books and previous movies...