My husbands Brother Jason and his woman Verity got married yesterday. It was a beautiful day. The weather was not to cold and everything went according to schedule. The temple of course was the best part. Kersten was a witness so it was the first sealing we had been to together that we did not sit by each other.
Noah had to bring his Buzz Lightyear and we had the stroller that everyone used as storage. My stepdad Al took the pictures. I followed him around as he took pictures and help him postion the dress etc.
They had their luncheon and a ring ceremony at the Plaza hotel, where Kersten and I had ours. It was fun to be back there again. It was really neat to hear their vows they wrote. Jason actually pulled out his guitar and sang "Baby I'm Amazed" by the Beatles and Verity wrote some beautiful words and feelings she has for Jason. The food was really good they had Cordon Bleu, mashed potatos, salad, vegtables and cheesecake. Kerst gave a pretty funny toast as the best man. Jason was his and 14 at the time his toast was "Kersten is a good brother." so Kersten elaborated on that and said the Jason was a good brother and pretended to sit down. I found it kind of funny and then he continued on.
They had their reception at a ward house so between everything we went and helped set up. They served donuts, glazed and chocolate cake. They had the Acheivement day girls serve the food. I went into the kitchen during the reception and one of the girls asked how everyone felt about the "theme" and colors of the wedding. It made me smile because as girls we start dreaming about becoming a bride as soon as we know what one is.
It was a beautiful day. Congrats Jay and Ver
5 comments:
Jason, I offer my condolences.
Sounds like a lovely day! I haven't seen Jason since he was 14! He grew up! Congratulations Jason & Verity! Good luck!
I like you tie ten
I love Weddings
I still can't decide if I am happy about this wedding or sad. On the one hand, my brother looks happy....but on the other hand, he's now all grow'd up.
Post a Comment